We are ending the four weeks under the MAGNIFYING GLASS, I would like to share with you one of my answers from Quora. It is about mini habits. We all know that habits are important, yet we have so much on our plates. Who can meditate half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening? I certainly can’t.
Instead of talking about radical changes that take tons of time, let’s talk about tiny changes that everyone can do in a couple of minutes and make life easier. Or happier. ((Tweet this!))
Here are my 10 ideas:
1. Clean as you go.
2. If you have pending task that you can do in 2 minutes or less (answering “yes” on an email, hanging your coat the second you enter the house), do it immediately!
3. Wash the dishes the same moment you put them in the sink.
4. When you are starting new task… pause, take a deep breath. Ask yourself: “What do I want to create now?” Don’t just jump from one thing to another.
5. When tempted to check your facebook/twitter/fill-in-the-blank, write one line on the paper. Next time write another one. When you draw 5th line, open facebook/twitter/fill-in-the-blank. So good hack!
6. When you meet your partner, kiss him or her. Always. Although you live together for years.
7. When you work on your computer for more than half an hour, stand up, stretch backwards, shake your hands. Just move. Sitting for hours is killing us.
8. Instead of liking/upvoting someone’s post, write a comment. That establishes real connection and it takes a minute.
9. Unplug from all electronic devices at least 1 hour before going to bed. + Set go-to-bed-alarm.
Now I would like to hear from you. What are the mini habits that you recommend? What small improvements can I introduce to make my life more fun, more productive or just simpler? Share your favorite mini habits with me in the comment section below.
P. S. The Cookie of Wisdom: “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” Napoleon Hill ((Tweet this!))